Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Out of Chaos, Order, sort of...

One of my goals this summer, OK, not a goal but a promise I made to my husband was to straighten the basement. I figure a basement should be a catch-all for things which don't fit in the living part of the house. My dear one has other ideas and since he works in the basement and looks at the disorder I have created, I will admit he has a point : )

He built these shelves for me so that I could organize the overflowing homeschool books and paraphernalia* schooling entails. Wasn't that sweet? He built them for me about 6 months ago and as you can see, I didn't treat his gift very sweetly. Yesterday (only 1 week into summer vacation) I got the opportunity to do some organizing and now my shelves look like this.

Taking a good look at this, I just realized that I have room for a whole lot more books : ) Hmmm. I did transfer some books from upstairs which I used when I was homeschooling Nick in high school. I reasoned that since my granddaughters are just now going into 3rd grade, I won't need those books for awhile. Looks like I can cull the upstairs shelves a little more.

I love accomplishing items on my list! Today I am on item 5 out of 9. I'm off to see how much more I can get done today.

* I had to look up the spelling of paraphernalia. I had no clue it contained the letter r. I also learned that it comes from Latin & Greek and literally means "a bride's possessions beyond her dower".

5 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    I admire your drive to accomplish while wondering how many books our family will have acquired 10 years or so from now!

    So a man has always seen his wife's little knick-knacks as superfluous? :)

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Presbytera said…

    When I die, his intent is to back up a dump truck and throw out all the junk. I won't care. My only request is that he ask the boys if they are sentimental enough to want any things first.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    Nice shelves!

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Rick said…

    Wait...did you say "sentimental"?

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Aaron.D.Nemoyer said…

    Could you find stuff in the before state? I'm reminded of the "Hanging from Mrs. Kavouras' mother-in-law's ears" line we still hear sometimes when we are looking for things...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home