Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Underwear Assault

Yesterday I had the occasion to be out and about during the afternoon when students were walking home from school. It was a warm day and no one was wearing a coat. Some guys were not even wearing shirts. And then the assault to my eyes happened -- several were displaying the top 3 inches of their underwear for all to see. Didn't their moms teach them that underwear was meant to be worn UNDER clothes???? I was tempted to get out of the vehicle and give them a lecture but caught myself, just in time! I am practicing not being mom to the world : )

I have no pictures to illustrate -- aren't you glad? I decided not to spread the eye-assault around. Perhaps I should travel with several belts and pass them around...No! No! No! I will not be mom to the world.

I remember being in 5th grade and wearing a bra for the first time. I made certain that part of the strap showed because I was soooo proud of being at the point where I had to wear bras. Silly girl. Do you think these boys have just discovered underwear and are proudly displaying the fact that they now wear underwear? Silly boys.

It almost makes me long for winter coats again.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    I long for the "sloppy" look to be out as well.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well like I alway's use to tell my grandparent's Welcome to the 21st century.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    fear not! I have heard, a couple times, that "conservative" clothing is on the way back in. Trouble is that guys in general and wannabe-thugs especially, are slow on the up-take.

    I haven't seen underwear on East 93rd in Cleveland, but it takes a bit longer for the gangsta-styles to make it to the wannabe suburban white thugs.

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Genuine Lustre said…

    Barb - more people need to be Mom to the World. Don't Stop. I'm trying to do my part down here.
    WhatWouldMrsKDo is a phrase here at our house.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's wrong with being a mom to the world? If some guys aren't being taught that *under*wear means *under*, then the world needs more moms.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home