Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Birthday Bash for my Honey



Here's the birthday boy taking a break in between shots at the pool table. He actually celebrated his birthday for an octave + 3 days this year. This was taken on the 9th day of the celebration. We gathered at the Boneyard (restaurant/bar) with family and friends to hear our friend's band Running in Circles
We missed their first gig because I was out of town and we will miss the next gig because I will be out of town. It was a real treat being a "groupie" -- something which I haven't done since college.


Our family was there to join in the celebration and it was a joy to be able to celebrate with our sons and our daughters-in-law. Equipped with earplugs, we even enjoyed the loud music. The earplugs filtered it to the level where it was enjoyable : )



I love to dance and was glad to have the opportunity to do so. My dear husband has been reluctant to dance in the past but 2 things have changed his attitude. I nicely pointed out that dancing with me was included in our wedding vows, although never audibly so : ) On Feb 23rd in 1973, he promised to be my dance partner for the rest of my life....at least that's what I heard! Before I had my knee replacements, it was painful for me to stand, let alone dance. When the privilege of dancing with me was taken away from him, he desired it all the more and hasn't missed an opportunity to dance with me since. Sigh....I wish there were a dance club we could go to regularly.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh, I think we've finally found the perfect use for Keller now. It even has a stage.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    Nice photos! I didn't know you folks had a camera there too :-)

    I'm glad you had a good time.

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger Orycteropus Afer said…

    Wish I'd been there, too. I had to give my howdy on Table Talk. Anyhow, I'd like to welcome you to the Big Blogroll O' Vark.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home