Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

It's A Family Affair


Pistol Packin' Presbytera had the opportunity to go to the range again and this time it was a family affair. In addition to my dear husband, my two sons and their wives and our grandchildren were also at the range. Here are 2 pictures of me and the boys having some fun.


Before September 11th, I never would have imagined shooting with my guys. I thought it was the vocation of men to defend our home and my person. I preferred to practice the traditional womanly arts at home. 9/11/01 changed my world forever. My husband travels to minister to the FBI during times of crisis. He was gone immediately after 9/11 and I was left home. It concerned him greatly that he was not here to protect me and encouraged me to learn to shoot. I entered the range reluctantly but once I took a course and began practicing I really began to enjoy shooting very much. It is a sport to me yet at the same time I am developing the skills I need to defend myself. I AM an awesome shot : )

Today we also took my friend Rosemary to shoot. It was her first time and she enjoyed herself also.
I'm thinking that the next time we ask her if she wants to go shooting with us, her answer will be an enthusiastic YES!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She is an awesome shot. Not only that, every time she emptied a magazine, she seemed to pull out another. You gotta' love a girl who can shoot all morning, clean the house and knit cotton dish clothes in the afternoon, go out dancing with her hubby in the evening, then come home and get her Sunday School lesson ready for the morning.

    I do.

    Her Husband of 33 years.

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Housewives that pack a secret punch - burgelars and terrorist beware! Haha! Looking good Mrs. K!

    PS - my blog is at http://www.theinterpretersmind.blogspot.com/

    Talk to ya later! (Course I might not be able to hear you - my ears are still ringing from the Boneyard!)

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Aaron.D.Nemoyer said…

    Sounds like you're pretty good at pistol packin', Presbytera.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home