Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Friday, June 02, 2006

A new member of the family


Here is a picture of the newest member of my cat family. I wanted to learn how to knit this summer so yesterday I went to my neighborhood Michael's to buy some 100% cotton yarn to make a dish cloth. Before I even got in the store, this cat jumped out at me and pleaded for me to give him a good home where he would be loved. How could I say no to such a needy fellow? He joins the other 200 or so cats I already have and is quite happy to be living here!

I did actually go into the store and was quite pleased that they had purple cotton to make a dish cloth. Thanks to Marie N I had a website which gave me instructions and illustrated what I needed to know. I bought the yarn, went home and dove right in. I finished with my project today and had quite a lot of fun doing it. I learned how to cast on, knit, add a stitch, decrease a stitch and finally how to bind off. I noticed there was one error in it but since this was my first and just for me, I decided not to take it out. It was a real struggle for me. Everytime I'd see the mistake, I would remind myself that no one is perfect : )

It was a great day for the 1st day of summer vacation. In addition to knitting my first item, I went with my husband to a confessional study on private confession and absolution. What a fantastic way to start the summer!

7 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Yay! Welcome to your new little waiter kitty! I like him - that is such a cute face!

    Great job on the dish cloth, it looks really good... Though I've tried to knit a couple times, I'm still more of a cross-stitch woman, myself. ;-)

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    I like your cat, and your purple dishcloth! I don't know if I could have left a mistake in there; I am such a perfectionist!

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    Hi Barb,

    The pattern you chose for your dishcloth is nice -- I have some of those which Jennifer made for me. You did a great job!

    I didn't even try yarn overs until last month.

    What will you make next? surely you have some of that lovely purple yarn left over!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Presbytera said…

    Now that I've made one ofr myself, I will make more for gifts. We have an anniversary tomorrow for Nick and Naomi. I have started on one for them. This morning I will be Pistol Packin' again and this evening I will be you know where. That means if I don't clean today, I will have time to finish the gift. Sounds like a good reason NOT to clean : )

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know what I call that cat? Target practice.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    Cats rool, dogs drool.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Aaron.D.Nemoyer said…

    I certainly can't tell there's a mistake.

    Dogs may drool on occassion, but at least it's a friendly, loving, "I need you, master" drooling. That's better than any tail being waved in your face as your cat snobbishly walks away.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home