Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Monday, May 29, 2006

The Greek Festival


Memorial Day weekend is always the time for the Greek Festival at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church in Cleveland. It is the home congregation of my husband's family. His paternal grandmother, YiaYia, was instrumental in raising great sums of money for this church. We return every year to enjoy some of the tasty Greek food they have such as

My 2 personal favorites I love Greek oven roasted potatoes and also souvlaki so that is my choice each year. This year I am eating a low carb diet so I asked for the souvlaki without bread. The man taking the order asked in a heavily accented voice, "South Beach or Dr. Atkins?". I was amazed that he spoke English with a strong accent but knew immediately that I was on one of the 2 popular low carb diets : )

This year some of our friends from church joined us at the festival...Tom and his wife Lori and their children Juli and Kyle. Here they are enjoying themselves. Kyle is the one successfully hiding himself behind a roll!



Of course part of my family was there also. My dear husband, my mother-in-law and my dear daughter-in-law, Naomi


I don't even want to begin to mention the Greek Pastries....

1 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    Looks like you all had a great time! Food festivals are the best :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home