Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Grandma's House

Here is a descriptive paragraph that my granddaughter Lily wrote this past week. I thought you would enjoy reading it. This is her first attempt at a descriptive paragraph and I think she did a great job.


My Grandma's House

I go to my Grandmother's house for school and I learn a lot of things there. When I get inside, I can smell good food*. Grandma's house is pretty and it is really clean**. Outside she has a pond with many fish. I like to play in her toy room. She has numerous cats. She has a piano and I like to play on it. Grandma has a big cabinet with glass doors. Grandma has quite a few beautiful pictures. Grandma's house is my favorite place to go.


So do you feel like you've visited my house????

* Lest you get the impression that I am super grandma, Lily wrote this paragraph while I had swiss steak cooking in the crockpot. I am making a real effort to feed my husband food that I cooked!!
** Since the children are at my house 4 days a week, I have incorporated house cleaning into their school schedule. Each day they have the responsibility for cleaning a different part of the house. Her comment is more about her cleaning ability than about mine.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger chaplain7904 said…

    Lest anyone think you're a batty old girl, the cats are all pictures and figurines of cats. Though I should add that for the record.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    Great job, Lily! Keep writing, it is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home