Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Feed My Lambs Retreat Part 3

What did moms do at the retreat other than attend chapel? Part of the mom's time together was spent crafting...we entered our second childhood and enjoyed making a little booklet for sticky notes. We had fun (at least some of us) stamping the outside, adding ribbon and gluing it all together.

Here is a picture of my completed item. I had the advantage of attending many of my friend Debbie's stamp camps. I think I may use this idea again soon. As Amy says, you can never have too many post it notes. I tried to make mine patriotic since we were in the week of July 4th. After completing it, I think it looks more Dixie than patriotic. I guess those who live in the South would say they were one and the same thing : )

Here are some more pictures of moms working on the craft.


The moms had time together to talk about homeschooling and curriculum choices. One of the moms shared her expertise on how hand sewing was done in the 1800's. Another mom clued us in on what freezer cooking is and how she does it.

Of course, if you're talking moms and get togethers, you have to include chocolate! I actually met one mom who didn't like chocolate. Wow! I was/am speechless : )

2 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Genuine Lustre said…

    Wish I was there!

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    Looks like the adults and children all had a wonderful time. Getting some knitting done is an extra benefit :-)

    There is someone else out there who doesn't like chocolate? I though I was the only one all these years!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home