Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Feed My Lambs Retreat Part 1

What a wonderful retreat we had. Last year, I was one of the organizers and it was my first retreat. I have to say I enjoyed this retreat much more than the last : ) There was a warm welcome at the retreat center for all of us.

Traveling for 2 + days to get there, we timed our arrival before the organizers got there : ) Julee and family were there (having traveled the greatest distance) to greet us though. Dale was quite disappointed that my dh wasn't there. Dh does not like to travel outside of his zipcode and Luther Point Bible Camp was definitely not in our zipcode. Here is a picture of the organizers, Glenda and Amy, at the end of the retreat -- notice the tired looks and the BIG smiles??? They did such a fantastic job!!

What would a retreat be without chapel? I guess it would just be camp. The chapel was surrounded by these lovely flowers. Of course, the truly lovely part was singing/praying Matins and Vespers each day. We were blessed to be accompanied by Melanie. The first services were contemporary services....just kidding, Melanie played the piano for the first vespers and matins. She then discovered that the pipe organ was a working pipe organ so the rest of the services were traditional. Thanks to the pastors who hauled TLH's to camp for us.

Here's a picture of the chapel before it got filled with people. We had great catechesis from Rev. Tausz, Rev. Brynestad and Rev. Mumme. I am amazed that at the age of 55 I can still sit at the feet of pastors and learn so much. The teachings were based on the narratives of David and Saul. The pastors showed us how David points to the Greater David. I could go on and on but suggest that if you want to hear edifying lessons like we heard, come to the retreat next year : )

Before we left the camp, the director of the camp took a group shot of us. Can you find Marina and Grandma? I don't know if all made it to the picture but there were 75 of at the retreat. More later....

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home