Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Out to Lunch at the Tradesman

My sweetie took me out to lunch today at the Tradesman Tavern in Parma. They have been working on this new enterprise for quite some time and we finally caught it at a time when it was not too crowded, smoky or loud. What a treat this lunch was for us!


This tavern is beautiful from top to bottom. Here is the gorgeous carving which is perched above the bar. The next picture is of the Terrazzo floor motif which surrounds the bar. It looks like a Ukrainian design which would not be unheard of in Parma : )


Along one wall is a mural depicting the various trades in the area...hence the name of the tavern Tradesman Tavern. When I initially looked at the mural I saw all these men and thought how apropos for Parma that they would not be politically correct and have women as steel workers etc. I commented the same to the waitress and she pointed out that there was indeed a woman in it. Can you see her? If you didn't find her, I will write another post later with her picture close up.


The exciting reason that we were eating out is that the painters are at our home today to finish the painting of the living room and dining room in 3 shades of blue. The house is being overpowered with paint smell and the kitchen is not able to be used because.....they also will finish painting my purple kitchen. I will post pictures when I can.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    There's an email list that floats around entitled: "You know you grew up in Youngstown when..." and there is one line in there that reminds me of Parma. "When you hear your out-of-town friends brag about their trips to Europe, you think to yourself: I could go to any church here and see all the foreigners I want."

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Genuine Lustre said…

    Barb - I'd love to come up and see the new digs. Haven't seen the new kitchen yet.
    Pastor C. wants to come up for the confessional study group. I offered to give him a ride - that means I'd be coming to see you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home