Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Dils, Sils, and Mils

Early this month several members of the family got together at my sister in laws house. Hence the title Dils (daughters-in-law), Sils (sisters-in-law) and Mils (mothers-in-law). It was a chance for some estrogen to flow, cousins to see each other and 2nd cousins to play together. Here they are before we ate lunch.









This is a picture of my niece Jaime and her look alike daughter Maime. They came from the distant land of Aurora.












My niece Susan who hails from Cincinnati is holding shy Julia Rose. Susan is actually the reason we all got together. Since she was in town for a few days it was a great time to see each other and solidify the bonds of family.









Here is a picture of 2nd cousins, Marina, Benjamin and Theodore. They are digging into the pile of toys. They look like they landed in playmate heaven, don't they?











I was struck once again how strong the bonds of family are. I held Jaime in my arms when she was a baby and now I can hold her baby in my arms. That's a lot of years sharing memories, meals, movies and disagreeing over many things : ) Still the bond remains.

I'm blessed beyond measure with my 2 daughters-in-law. They are blessing me by being the answer to my prayer for Christian women to love and support my sons in their life's journey.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    Looks like you all had fun. It is nice to get the family together for things like this.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    Sigh. My daughters and their second cousins get along well together too. As a matter of fact, the Scientist and one of her second cousins are only two months apart. Don't know when we'll see them again though. Family: when it's good, it's very, very good, and when it's bad, it's horrid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home