Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Monday, June 26, 2006

More Chicago & WI comments

So how slow was the Dan Ryan expressway when I went through Chicago? Slow enough that I found my camera in my purse, opened the window and took this picture. It is a little blurry perhaps because I was traveling at 5 m.p.h. and didn't know how to change the setting for a speed picture : )

To avoid the Friday afternoon non-rush rush hour in Chicago, I stayed in Milwaukee and saw a delightful movie Lake House. The critics may have dismissed it but I thoroughly enjoyed this fantasy love story. It was old fashioned in that there were no sex scenes and most of the movie built up to one lovely kiss. I was silently urging Keanu Reeves to go ahead and kiss her already : ) I liked the movie so much, I saw it again the next week in VA. There are inconsistencies in the movie but if you just enjoy the fantasy, I think it will delight you too.

On the way back, I stopped at an Olive Garden restaurant and had supper and did some more knitting while waiting for the traffic to dump out of the south end of Chicago. It was a bit lonely eating in a restaurant by myself but I talked to dh on the phone. He of course wanted to know if any guy tried to pick me up....I love that man! He looks at me through the eyes of love.

When I got through Chicago and went to get on the Skyway Bridge, I was shocked to see that they moved the bridge exit from the right lane to the left lane. I refused to believe the signs which told me to get in the left lane (I thought -- what do they know, I've been this way often, and it exits to the right). When I finally could see the ramp and not just read the signs, I quickly moved across all the lanes and exited on the left. I am Lutheran to the core -- 'we've always done it this way".

4 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    Thanks for the movie review!

    Is it okay for kiddos? I'm not sure what it was rated.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    Chicago traffic is awful, all the time. One of the reasons I could never stand to live there. Although we had an awful lot of fun there last year.

    You were at an Italian restaurant, so you never know! ;) I can tell he's a good husband, although of course I am very happy with mine. :)

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Presbytera said…

    In the movie the lead actress does live with her boyfriend but you only see them in 2 separate rooms, both clothed. She makes reference to the fact that they have lived in her apartment for too long and they should get a bigger place.

    No profanity. No sex. No violence. It's rated PG

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Gino A Melone said…

    Um, no dear. She said she ate at Olive Garden, not an Italian restaurant.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home