Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

If Rice is Too Expensive

If you are finding that your rice paddy (or grocery store) is not producing like it used to, here is a recipe you might enjoy. I know my husband certainly loved it last night!

Mock Risotto
2 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced (although I think more is better)
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
2 (14 oz) cans of chicken broth (or 28oz water + 4 bouillion cubes)
2 cups uncooked orzo pasta

Saute the garlic and onion in hot olive oil until tender. Add the liquid and loosen all the yummy bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring the liquid to a boil and add the orzo. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until all the liquid is absorbed - around 15 min. Salt and pepper and then DEVOUR it!! I served this with cube steak so I also added the delicious droppings left in the fry pan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home