Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tag anyone?

I do not plan on tagging anyone so if you read this and want to answer the questions -- go ahead!

First of all, BTEG tagged me and here are seven random uninteresting things about me.

1. I had my tonsils out around the 5th grade.
2. If there are 2 switches to turn on a light, I want them both to be in the up position when they are on, and the down position when they are off.
3. I earned my varsity letter as the manager of a swim team.
4. I found this exercise very hard because I think I am an interesting person.
5. The first thing I made in home ec in 8th grade (1964) was stewed prunes.
6. I took my first jet ride to Massachusettes and when I got home, I knelt down and kissed the ground.
7. In college I most wanted a VW bug. They were selling for $1777 and I never could afford it.

I also was tagged by Cheryl to find out what I wanted to be at the age of 5, 10, 15, and 20

I don't remember being 5 years old so I can't answer that!

I don't remember what I wanted to be at age 10 -- I probably didn't think about anything other than playing outside : )

At 15 I knew I wanted to be a deaconess missionary to Papua New Guinea. I did go to Valpo to start the deaconess program (that's where it was in 1968) but soon became convinced that my vocation was to be a layman in the church. Ironic that I ended up marrying a pastor.

At 20 I wanted to be a wife. I had already met the love of my life and I was working hard at convincing him that I was the love of his life!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger chaplain7904 said…

    She convinced him, and he's glad she did.

    Every good thing I've had in my life (besides the good foundation I had as a child) has come because of my wife, and the Lutheran faith she professed, and which I learned to love and profess. All my friends, and all of my blessings in adult life come from my Lutheran connection.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    I agree about the light switches both being up for on or down for off. But sometimes I use it as a test to prove to myself that I'm not entirely obsessive-compulsive. "See? See? I can leave the light switches wrong. I'm normal!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home