Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fancy Schmancy Jello

I recently had occasion to prepare a jello parfait which took a little time but was fairly easy. Years ago when refrigerators had metal slatted shelves (like ovens) it was a cinch to make this jello. You filled the parfait glass half way and tilted it in the refrigerator by putting the bottom of the parfait glass between one of the wire slats and leaning it against the inside wall of the refrigerator. The jello hardened at a slant. When I began to prepare this jello, I realized that my refrigerator now has glass shelves. OH NO! I pulled out my bread pans and improvised. Here is picture of the glasses leaning in the bread pans. I only spilled a little when I carried them to the refrigerator.

Success!! I have the cherry jello in the glass with a slant. While this was jelling, I began the second layer of peach jello to which I added chopped peaches. The peaches weren't actually chopped -- they were more in the neighborhood of smushed. I bought the very generic brand of peach slices and I think they cook the life out of the peaches before they can them.



Here's step three. I have straightened the glasses and I filled them with the peach jello. Now they can just sit on the glass shelves in the refrigerator....that is after I cleaned up the spilled jello!

THE FINAL PRODUCT -- A scoop of whipped topping and maraschino cherries are added for the final flair. It's been years since I made this jello and I was happy to do it. After these past months, it's been good to be creative and produce something lovely. Oh yes, it tasted good too!!!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home