Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Guess Who We Visited With This Week

This has been a very busy week as I begin to get back into the swing of things and we had lots of visitors! The girls and I are quickly working our way through the last lessons in our Saxon math book. Here they are being introduced to "functions". Don't they look entranced?











This lovely lady visited us on Tuesday at St Barbara's Academy. We enoyed having her babble and listen in on what we were doing. The girls sang their history lesson to her....I'm not certain how much she retained but I hope she comes to SBA again sometime soon.



On Friday, one of my homschooling friends from Iowa was passing through town and we had the opportunity to be their guests as we dined at a nearby restaurant. It has been about a year since I've seen Suzanne and it was a real treat to catch up on our families and friends.











Another friend that visited this week is Rev. Timothy Landskroener. My husband refers to him as the Chaplain to the Chaplain. We had a wonderful time eating with Kathy and Tim at Marta's, a very nice Czechoslovakian restaurant in Cleveland. On Friday, he and my dear husband did a ride along with the Cleveland Police Department -- just to see the seamy side of life.


Another visitor I had this week was by eamil and telephone. I talked with my dear brother Gary from CA/NM/CO. He emailed me this picture taken in Utah and we talked a while on Saturday. We have not physically seen each other in 10 years but I'm hoping my husband and I will be able to visit with Gary and Liz sometime soon. We had a nice chat covering family matters. Since our brother Tom died a month ago, old memories surface and it was wonderful to talk them over with Gary.

This last picture is of my husband hugging our friend, Beth Schlamann when we visited last May. Beth right now is in the arms of Jesus but we will be visiting later this morning when we attend the Divine Service. We will take communion together however we will be on different sides of the Table. She is supping in heaven with our Lord; we will be kneeling here at Christ Church and getting a glimpse of heaven on earth as we eat and drink the Lord's Body and Blood. I will most certainly think of Tom and Beth as the church sings this morning "with angels, and archangels and all the company of heaven, we laud and magnify Thy glorious name, everymore praising Thee and saying: Holy, Holy Holy.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Genuine Lustre said…

    Thanks for this beautiful mental picture of Beth.
    She hosted us for lunch a few years ago in Buffalo when we were traveling. I really enjoyed following her love story via the catlists.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    I like looking at all your pictures. I tagged you, if you'd like something else to blog about.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger ~Kathy~ said…

    Just popping in for a little bit to catch-up on all that has been going on in your life. I've have been severely limiting my computer time lately, so I have been out of touch with everyone.
    It was nice reading about both of your brothers, about your beautiful grandchildren at SBA, and about Beth.
    I really enjoyed all of the pictures too!
    I am continuing to pray for you in the loss of your dear brother.
    Kathy in TX

     

Post a Comment

<< Home