Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Keeping Warm in Church

This is the scene which greeted us as we prepared for church this morning. Our snow shovel, unfortunately, was loaned out so we plowed through the snow with our car. I was on altar duty this morning and the other woman assigned to serve lives too far out to drive in with the snow. No problem, I told her, as a pastor's wife -- I'll hitch a ride with the pastor....he HAS to be there : ) As I prepared the communion items I realized that with the snowy weather, I probably didn't need to put too many hosts on the paten. It turned out that I was right.

We have 2 Sunday school classes; the one teacher was out of town and the other had to turn back because of the blowing snow. That turned out not to be a problem because there were hardly any children there for Sunday School and most were late.


Here is a picture of some of my grandchildren keeping warm after church. They are sitting on one of the big heating vents on the floor. This one sits right next to the pulpit. While the adults were changing paraments in readiness for the beginning of lent, the children occupied themselves in a warm spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home