Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Carry On

Favorite Apron asked me about what gun I was shooting when we practiced the other day. I was actually shooting two different guns. This cute little gun looks just the right size for my hand. I really liked the fact that you could easily tuck it into your pocket or purse. However, it packs too powerful a punch for my arthritic fingers. I could shoot with it if I had to but I really want to be proficient with the gun that I carry and I didn't relish practicing with this Kel-Tec. It might be the perfect concealed carry for someone else -- just not for me. It is so cute though, too bad I can't handle it. : )
Here's a picture of my sweetie. It felt so comfortable in my hands -- it was good to hold my sweetie again. If you want to find out more about my Smith and Wesson, you can check it out here. I never would have believed that I would be interested in shooting. I never really gave it much thought.

Five years ago, I would have been terrified to pick up a loaded gun but I began to realize the assault that was going on with our constitutional rights and of course, 9/11 happened. I had always learned that the 2nd amendment spoke about my right to carry a weapon. Ohio at that time was one of the last states to withhold the right to carry a concealed weapon from it's citizens. Because of my husband, several of my friends and the Ohioans for Concealed Carry, I considered it my personal mission to obtain a concealed carry license as soon as they became available in Ohio.

Somewhere along the way to preserving our freedom, I began to really enjoy shooting. I learned how to safely handle a weapon in a class that I took and it is a great opportunity for my husband and me to have fun together. He delights in having a wife who encourages him in his bang-bang-shoot-'em-up hobby. As posted previously, it is a family affair.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Genuine Lustre said…

    Good for you. I see that the Ladysmith can be ordered with a pastel colored frame. Is yours lavendar?

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    I'm going to have to check into the Ladysmith. Dh got me a Colt a couple of years ago, and it is small, but my fingers are *really* short. He and I have been planning to go look for a replacement.

    I wonder if it comes in pink. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home