Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Hello September

I have many coffee mugs so several years ago I decided to have a mug of the month which I would use for my coffee. It's time to say goodbye to my August mug which has served me faithfully for 31 days. It features one of my favorite things -- cats. It was given to me by family friends, the Emmons. I wonder how they knew just the right mug to get me : )

It's also time to say hello to my September mug. I use it every September because it reminds me of 9/11 and the work which my husband did with the FBI in Shanksville PA. It is a bittersweet choice because 9/11 is an awful reminder of the vengence of God. At the same time, it reminds me that we are to clearly witness to the truth of Jesus Christ even in our politically correct world. That is what my husband did in the weeks following 9/11 and it is what he continues to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home