Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hair and Barely There!

Meet Vinnie, my beautician for the last 10 years. She was the only one who knew and she would never tell : ) She is also the one who told me after many years of coloring my hair that it was not covering as well now because more than 50% is gray. Vinnie is brutal sometimes : ). Her real name is Vincenzia and is a LEGAL immigrant from Italy. In the past years, we have shared births, deaths, disappointments, our individual trips, the thrill of Vinnie getting her citizenship, traded good authors and now Vinnie is telling me about the medical terminology classes she is taking. What???? Why would MY beautician need medical terminology? I fear a change is coming down the road for me and I'm not a happy camper.

This past week, we had occasion to get together with the Greek side of our family. It was my sister-in-law Donna's 50th birthday celebration. This is a picture of 3/5's of the male offspring. Notice anything in common?

The other 2/5's is in denial so they did not get their heads together for this picture: ) None of them have any need for Vinnie!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home