Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What I Knit on My Summer Vacation


This entry could be subtitled What a difference a yarn makes ! When we recently traveled to KY for vacation, the weather was brutally hot. I don't endure hot very well so I was exceedingly grateful that our cabin was air conditioned : ) I went on one cave tour at Mammoth Cave Park but I had ample opportunity to sit and knit. It was the perfect project in my cabin with no TV, radio or computer to blog!!
I am working on dish cloths and all of these patterns can be found here You'll notice that several are purple and it is not because I like purple; it is that my niece who is getting married has a favorite color and it's purple. Of course the heart dishcloth is for her. I am putting several into a bag along with some Dawn dishwashing soap. I am also knitting some dishcloths for the daughter of a friend who is getting married and also as gifts for a prize basket.

The pattern in this dishcloth is a horizontal zigzag but it is hardly visible with the variations in color in the yarn. It is still a pretty dishcloth but the next one shows the pattern so much better.

Here is the same pattern in a solid color. The zigzags are very apparent here.

This pattern has descending triangles and I knit this one on the way home. The pattern repeats every 6 rows and I discovered that I could knit the 6 rows in 40 miles going ???MPH : ) It's difficult to make out the triangles.

Here is the same pattern in a solid color and the triangles jump out at you.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger chaplain7904 said…

    I love my wife's blog. It's the best way to know what she's up to. Better than talking. (insert smiley face here)

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    They all look very nice, Presbytera! And some people do find it easier to write things out than to say them verbally. My blog is great for my self-expression!

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    Beautiful work! It seems you arenow expert with the many dish cloth patterns.

    Do you have other ambitions for your knitting future? Working with wool or other fibers?

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Genuine Lustre said…

    Great work Barb. Washing dishes so often seems like menial work, so I think we should do our best to surround ourselves with homemade beauty.

    p.s. - when is Chap going to start his blog?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home