Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hello October

The time has come to retire my September coffee mug and welcome the cup I will use for the month of October. You might recognize this as the cup I got at the Feed My Lambs Homeschool retreat. It has Luther's seal on it and since Reformation happens in October, this is my cup of choice. This picture was taken by our pond right off the patio.

The Divine Service was very special this morning since I got to sit with Nick, Naomi and Saranita. Somehow arms do not get too tired holding a newborn babe but still Naomi was gracious enough to let me hold Saranita for part of the service. After communion, Nick informed me that my arms were tired and he should hold his beautiful daughter.


Here is Grandpa Kavouras with his lovely Saranita. We were invited to come cuddle with our wee one after church and of course we quickly took advantage of it! Grandpa told Saranita joke after joke....most of them she just didn't get. She is too young to understand that since Grandpa is the funniest Grandpa in the world, she should laugh at his jokes. She did express herself though......



7 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Genuine Lustre said…

    Awww. I was hoping you'd post more photos. She looks a little like the comicstrip character "Calvin" in that last photo. : P

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    What a sweetheart!

    She is a lot of the reason I stayed home from church. Nobody, especially one that young (or her parents), need the nasty cold I have.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Scot K said…

    It is great so see pics of these beautiful little ones! God's richest blessings!

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Rick said…

    Barb,

    That's how most of us react after the listening to the jokes of the Funniest Man in the World. :-)

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    I'm not surprised Nick decided your arms were tired. We've heard that he's quite the doting daddy. :)

    She's beautiful.

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    I love the pics, Barb!

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! I love the pictures Barb! She's a beautiful baby girl.
    Of course so is everybody else.:-)
    Doris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home