Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

St. Barbara's Academy in Session

Tuesday saw the first day of SBA for the 2006-2007 school year. It went really well! The students were well refreshed from summer vacation, the weather was perfect and most of all Grandma got organized ahead of time. I knew what I wanted to do and had everything prepared. This is unusual for me. I normally only have it half together : ) This year we added 3 subjects to our curriculum - science, spelling and handwriting.

I worked out a tentative schedule since I had no idea how long it would take them to complete one page in the Italic handwriting book or how long it would take to read through the first Astronomy lesson. We were pretty much on track until I discovered I needed to scoot out to get Country Jam tickets. Being resourceful, I packed their lunch and off we went. Later in the day I discovered that I had neglected to schedule any time for Writing Strands each day. I juggled and trimmed some time from read-aloud-to-grandma-time and completed all I wanted to accomplish for day one.

May all our school days proceed as smoothly as this...from my keyboard to God's ears : )

2 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    Amen, and I hope my days may go as smoothly at Saint Barbara's by the Lake. :)

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger chaplain7904 said…

    St. Barbara failed to mention that the Dean of Students is taking the Head Mistress to the Country Jam on Saturday. Call it a field trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home