Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Country Jammin'

This past weekend my husband and I attended the Country Jam at the county fairgrounds. It was our first Country music concert of any kind and it was an experience to say the least. More pictures can be found at WGAR.

Most everyone at the Country Jam was costumed. The ladies tops had spaghetti straps and revealed a good deal of cleavage and jeans were mandatory - with or without fringe, rivets or spangles. There were many cowboy hats in attendance; I even saw a nice purple woman's hat but was not tempted. I never realized there were that many cowboy hats in Cuyahoga county!! Not everyone had cowboy boots but I saw quite a few. I was really amused at all the tee shirts with sayings, well, not all the shirts. The one pictured here has a really scary thought on it (considering this person had a certain plumpness : ) I was also offended by the shirts which talked about the size of body parts. I was embarrassed to read them; I can't even imagine wearing them! I also noticed many Gretchen Wilson, Kenny Chesney and Jimmy Buffet wannabees. Part of the appeal of the Jam was looking at the costumes.

Another thing in abundance was Bud. There were long lines for beer even at $5 a cup. There were even longer lines for food. Perhaps they didn't anticipate the number of people who would be in attendance because it was a zoo when it came to eating dinner. Come to think of it though, maybe they wanted the atmosphere to mimic a zoo.
In spite of all that, we had a great time. I really wanted to go because Trace Atkins was the headliner and I like his music. He was the last one performing so we stayed to the very exciting end. We did not go early to get a spot close to the stage (10 hours seemed like a bit over the top to me) and we also did not bring chairs so we were relegated to standing on a picnic table in the hinterlands but it was still fun!!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger chaplain7904 said…

    Glad you had a good time, Presb. So did I. Hey, you doin' anything tonight? Maybe we can watch some baseball later. Oh, by the way, will you wake me up at 7:30 tomorrow. Thanks. LD

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    What a cute couple! Don't pretend you use blog comments to communicate with your wife though, Chaplain. I know you use email. :)

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    Glad you had fun! That shirt was pretty scary.

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Genuine Lustre said…

    Did you see this one: Bagpipers do it with Amazing Grace.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home