Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Frenchy Bread

Most people would call this Amish Friendship Bread but my 2 1/2 yr old grandson calls it Frenchy Bread so now our whole family calls it Frenchy Bread. My friend Scott gave me the starter for the bread which is stirred and feed over a 10 day period. You can see that it bubbles as it ferments. It really likes the milk, sugar and flour that I feed it. After 10 days, you divide it into 3 one cup portions to give away and then bake the rest. I have been keeping one of the portions for myself so I can make it again in 10 days.


The recipe calls for adding instant vanilla pudding which I have done for some of the breads. I have also added pistachio pudding which resulted in the slightly green loaf on the left. In addition, I have added chopped apples to a bread and also raisins to another loaf. This past time I used butterscotch pudding and boy was that yummy. I found the original recipe too sweet and too oily so I have reduced the amount of both of those ingredients. For the next batch, I am using chocolate pudding and adding chocolate chips....just in case I need a chocolate hit!

Anyone want some starter???

3 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Hey, maybe I can take home some starter when Trevor and I come in July (that is if we come--I am still waiting to hear from the tournament director!)

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey i need some-i gave all mine away!! OOPS!
    Lori O

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    If you bring some starter to Fort Wayne it would find a happy home here. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home