Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Behold the Snowman Cometh

When January 7th rolls around, I put away my Christmas decorations (after all, there is no 13th day of Christmas) and the snowmen come to visit for the rest of January. Today they were packed up and I bid a fond farewell (at least for 11 months) to some of my favorites.

This snowman is my gingerbread snowman given to me by my son Nick. He bought it for me when he worked at Sears and he rests on the floor in the corner of the dining room. This year, he stood guard over the poinsettia plant and did a fine job because the plant is still beautiful

This cute little guy also resides in the dining room when he comes to visit. He hangs from the light over my dining room table along with several other tiny snowmen. This signature snowman (see my name on it?) was given to me by my son Theo as a "just because" gift. Don't you just love gifts like that?


I visit my brother and his family in Alabama often and several of my snowmen hail from that warm state. Whenever I purchase a snowman from the South, I do it as a duty to preserve their life. I don't see how they could last through the summer there and they seem to do just fine up here in the North. The snowman family on the top left was a gift from my nephew Tom and his wife Ashley. Although 4 snowmen, they are one unit -- like our immediate family was when the boys were growing up. The snowman on the right has batteries and when prompted by a loud noise will sing and dance. If you remember Soul Man by Sam & Dave, that is the melody he uses to sing "I'm a Snow Man" . For obvious reasons, this snowman is a BIG hit with my grandchildren : ) The other snowman is a crystal snowman which I purchased from my great-nephew, Dylan, for a school fundraising drive.


The last group I want to show you is the rest of my out-of-town snowmen. The teeny-tiny snowman in the middle front is from the Great State of Texas which goes to prove that not all things in Texas are big! I bought this in San Antonio while visiting my friend Julee. The small snowman on the right was purchased in Branson MO when my friend and I attended a women's chocolate retreat. The slouchy hatted snowman on the left is a former Florida resident rescued when the Chaplain and I visited his brother Jim and wife Linda in 2005. The large snowman in the rear is from our neighboring state of Michigan. Our homeschool group had a field trip to Greenfield Village and we stopped in the gift shop before leaving. This commanding snowman, commanded me (by mind waves) to take him home. I could only obey!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home