Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Monday, January 22, 2007

BLUE MONDAY

I heard on the radio today that this is BLUE MONDAY.

The reasons this fine day was burdened with that moniker are threefold. By now, people have realized that they are not going to keep their New Year's resolutions and boy are they bummed. By now, people are starting to get their credit cards bills and realize they have to pay the piper for their extravagance in December and boy are they bummed. Today is also the day they have ENOUGH of the gray overcast skies and boy are they bummed. These three things come together for an all together depressing day.

Not so with me. I have not made resolutions in years. For many years on New Year's Eve I would look back on the past year and be comforted by the fact that it couldn't get any worse. The next year it would get worse. So I stopped looking back and stopped looking forward : )

Our Christmas is always on a cash basis and this year I also made some handmade items for gifts. It is our habit to pay the piper before he pipes!

Just last Wednesday we had an entire day of sunshine so I am not in my sunshine withdrawal mode yet....it usually takes over a week of gray skies before I feel blue. Maybe this Thursday or Friday....

Everyday is a gift from our Heavenly Father and that makes it NOT blue.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Marie N. said…

    I never noticed any of those blues! I'm not usually a glass half full type, but I don't go around looking for half empty glasses either, I suppose :-)

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Aaron.D.Nemoyer said…

    Congratulations to you and everyone who wisely avoids the Blue Monday norm!

    -Aaron himself

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    At least we did get some sun today and yesterday.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Genuine Lustre said…

    Hey Barb - is it still Blue Monday? I'm getting depressed! You must update your blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home