Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

On the 9th day of Christmas

This year was a very bleak Christmas as far as chocolate that I could sink my teeth into! I did not despair since the Christmas season was not over with yet. On Christmas Day, my dear husband, my two sons, my two daughters-in-law and my 5 grandchildren did not think it important that I receive chocolate as a gift. I did receive many wonderful gifts, much outpouring of love and was surrounded by my family...but NO chocolate.


That all changed when my symbethera kindly gave me the gift pictured above. In the Greek language, there is a word for the mother-in-law of my son and the word is symbethera. We both share children and once our children are married, my daughter-in-law's family becomes part of our family and we become part of their family. My symbethera, Sandy, recogized my chocolate-less plight and gave me some delicious Ghirardelli chocolate in a metal Christmas ball. Yum! I am blessed.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    Hey, we gave you two forms of chocolate! Hot chocolate (Ghirardelli, even!) and chocolate liqueur! :P

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Presbytera said…

    I loved your chocolate and am still loving it...just wanted some chocolate to bite into! Now I have it. I can bite it and drink it. Woohoo!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home