Pistol Packin' Presbytera

Presbytera, in the Greek culture, is the wife of the Father, or parish priest.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Grandma, is this right?

At St. Barbara's Academy, I am the EXPERT. I answer all kinds of questions. Did I add this right? Did I spell this right? Does this look good? What should I do next? How many more pages, Grandma?

Yesterday I was saddened by one of the questions. "Grandma, my Mommy has MS." What does MS stand for?" Marina's mom, Meg has received a definitive diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. I told Marina what the letters stood for and she then remembered. Her mom did read her a book about the disease. She is in the early stage and it is very mild. Our prayer will be that God in His mercy will keep Meg in health so she can fulfill her vocation as mother to her 2 children and her 1 step-child. Although she and my son Theo are divorced, she still calls me Mom and we see and talk to each other regularly. We will do all that we can to help her.

Today I had another question which threw me for a loop. The question was "Grandma, Val says that it's OK to eat boogers as long as they are not bloody. Is she right? " I swallowed, tried not to visualize the question and queasily explained about germs and boogers. Marina understood then that it's not OK to eat any boogers : )

4 Comments:

  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said…

    I had to field an interesting question from the Scientist on Sunday: "What is the difference between a mare, a stallion and a gelding?" :O

    Prayers for Meg.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Genuine Lustre said…

    Oh Barb, did you have to tell us that last part?

    I am sorry to hear about Meg's diagnosis. Galion was once the focus of an environmental study because so many residents are afflicted with MS - much higher than average. It was inconclusive. Most of the people that we know with MS here are our age( 40-50). One uses a scooter to get around. the others get around pretty well.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger ~Kathy~ said…

    Will be praying for her and her MS.

    Don't you just love all of the questions? We have had a similar one about the mare, stallion and gelding. Lovely. Dad, why don't you go ahead and answer that one. LOL!

    Oh GAG on the booger question! BLECH! I bet you DID have a hard time not visualizing that one! LOL!

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Rick said…

    Our prayers are with Meg and her extended family.

    You mean, it's okay to pray, but it's not okay to eat boogers? :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home